Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Carbeyone City

                                    








Thump... Thump... Thump...


His footsteps thundered down the road, causing passers-by to stare at amazement, dogs to howl in backyards and alarmed old ladies to peer out of their bedroom windows wearing petrified looks on their faces. 


His legs were as long as oak trees, his torso was as wide as a house, and his fists were as heavy as tractors: this metallic monster was business. 


“Number 28 checking in. Over.” He spoke into his radio set built into his helmet. His instructions crackled back into his earpiece….



 

These brutal robots were armed with solid, metal armor, all with the same, boring expression. There were hundreds of these creatures, all scattered around the city! Number 28 was one of them.


“It is time for a security check” Number 28 called out in a robotic voice. Every other day, strict robots would thoroughly check everything everyone had. This place was horrible! They would check everyone’s house, belongings, EVERYTHING! to make sure that no one was doing anything suspicious. Those robots didn’t want anyone to get out of their sight. Once they found someone trying to escape, they got a terrible consequence! People now quiver as they get searched.


One prisoner had a dreadful experience. Everyday, that same person complained about everything the robots were doing to him. Of course the robots became frustrated and punished him, no one knows what happened next.


After the stressful security check, everyone gathers together to finally eat their breakfast in the public cafeteria. An elderly woman with greyish hair sat with her hair in a high bun. “Mashed potatoes with veggie soup!” she would always say. This prison was in a place where there was no electricity and food had to be cold. Although the people were sick and tired of always eating the same thing, they had no choice.


This is a day in the life of being a prisoner in Carbeyone City. People become slaves that serve high ranking leaders and robots, waiting for someone to come and rescue them.


By: Katherine


Reflection


Our writing task is to choose a picture and write a story about it. Either to carry on with a story starter or to make

your own. I chose to carry on from the story starter I was given.


I learnt how to use descriptive words, and the elements you need to use to make up your story so that the reader

would want to read more. I think I have improved my creativity, and my thinking skills.


My next step would be to find more descriptive words so I can use them in my future writing.


2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the descriptions and onomatopoeia you used in this piece. These descriptions made it easier for me to visualise your story in my mind. I wonder what this might have looked like if you'd added more characters or created another problem in the story. This might be great for you to add as a sequel to this writing. Great writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lorraine! I will try my best and follow your advice to improve my writing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about